Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Weekend 2012

We had a very fun Memorial weekend.  Friday night Cornelius took his girls out to dinner at Leona's in town.  Saturday we did some things at home in the morning and then were gone grocery shopping and got some things for outdoors. Saturday night Cornelius did the finishing touches to his sermon. He made home-made playdough for kids and adults and invited them to participate while he preached.  His message "Like Clay" was very powerful.  Here is the outline of the service- it all just went together.
Welcome and Scripture
Worship Song- God Of Wonders
Announcements
Prayer for OfferingOffering: America (My Country Tis of Thee)
God You Reign
In Christ Alone
He Knows My Name
Message- “Like Clay” by Cornelius Bornman           
Genesis 2:7 and  Jeremiah 18:1-6

I forgot my camera but took a few on my phone to show you the kids and adults using the playdough.  And I took a few pictures of him working the clay.  He took the pottery wheel to church and actually did a pot during part of the worship.  It was probably one of his best messages and I felt and believe that many connected with it.  There were tears and prayers at the alter that day.



Genesis 2:7   Then the Lord God formed a man[a] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Jeremiah 18:1-6 This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.
Then the word of the Lord came to me. He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel.




And after Cornelius gave his message we went to Fred and Cheryl Engle's home and enjoyed being on Crystal Lake with their family.  The girls played and swam in the lake and Fred ended the day with a pontoon ride.  Jaelle loved it all!!  She only had 35 minute nap the whole day but she did fabulous and didn't complain all day. :)  It definitely was a lot of work having a baby on the lake but she was so happy and I couldn't have asked for a nice Sunday afternoon.




And here are a few more pictures on Memorial Day.  We spent the day at Lake Michigan in Ludington with just Abby and Becca. Jaelle stayed home with Amanda.  It was a scorcher and it was good that Jaelle stayed home in the cool air conditioned house.  I have to admit that I felt so bad leaving her behind but it was so good for Abby and Becca to have a day with mommy and daddy.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Sharing my shebert with Jaelle. 

 Jaelle taking a morning nap on daddy's lap.  Isn't she precious?  I just love sleeping babies. :)

And I had to add this picture of Jaelle pushing the cart at the grocery store.  She thinks she's a big girl.  Can't believe that June 1st, my little baby is going to be 1 year old already. 


Hey, where's my icrecream cone!

Becca giving kisses to her Jaelle.....:)

Jaelle did so good eating her own icream.  Pretty good for an almost 1 year old. :)

How blessed I am to have these precious girls in my life.  And God has given me a wonderful husband who cares and provides for all his ladies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment