Monday, May 14, 2012

Before and After Pictures of the 24 Day Challenge

Julia had told me on the first day of the challenge to take before and after pictures.  I am so glad I did.  It just hits home when you actually see with your own eyes.  When I saw myself on the first day, I just couldn't believe how bad I had let myself go.  And then when I see myself on day 23, I'm like, "Wow!  There is a significant difference.  I'm doing it!"

I am 14.2 pounds lighter and 6 1/4 inches total smaller since I started.  Julia took the first measurements and weighed me on Wednesday night April 18th.  And the results after 23 days shows that I did great during the challenge.

Here are the pictures to prove it!
The front side 1st day of my challenge

                                                        The front side day 23 of challenge



                                                                 The side view day one


                                                                   Side view day 23


                                                                 Back view day one


                                                                Back view day 23


I am thrilled with my progress.  But then I don't want to get too excited, or prideful.  I need to keep my eyes on the goal.  My goal of life long health. My journey continues to reveal so many things about me- good and bad.  The good is that I do have the strength and resolve to do this.  That God is walking with me each step of the way and providing me all I need when I'm in the struggle. That He loves me so much that He wants more for my life.
 And the bad- some days are HARD.  Some days are an emotional roller coaster where I am fighting food cravings and feeling so ugly and discouraged.  But the reward is that when you work on the inside, it shows on the outside.                                             
                                                       And right now I am beaming.



Hebrews 12:1-3
  Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.













































5 comments:

  1. Love it! You are doing so amazingly well! Keep up the awesome work and keep those pictures coming, you beautiful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Cherri! Great job! The difference is astounding... just think if you keep this up what you can look like. Thanks for being so honest and sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! But I'm trying to focus on getting healthy and staying healthy. I want to have the stamina and strength to do an all day hike or go kayaking or do my 5k in 35-40 minutes. So this journey is really for the rest of my life...and yes, eventually I will see an outward transformation. Who knows? I might find that I can be thin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you go to do the 24 day cleanse?? I am Advocare's website and they only have the 10 day cleanse, did you just buy to boxes or what??

    ReplyDelete
  5. To be honest, I had my Advocare Rep help me with ordering the 24 day cleanse. I thought it all came together. My rep is Julia Raglin. Do you have someone that helps you with your Advocare orders? you can email me at corncher@gmail.com if you aren't able to find it and then I can connect you with Julia. How did you hear about me? :) Glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete