Friday, May 4, 2012

Goodness

The song, You Are Good, has meant so much to me during this time in my life.  The first time I heard it I was walking on the heartland trail....and I just started crying.  Tears streaming down my face, hands lifted towards heaven, thanking him for His goodness.  For revealing to me how much I needed healing in my life, in my heart and in my soul.  When I'm walking, listening to my music, I feel so close to God.  I feel His presence and His love for me.  That He loves my WHOLE being.  He cares for my health, my family, my physical, mental and emotional needs.  There is such a sense of gratitude and completeness when you know that love and when you sense His love over you.  Its beyond what I can explain with words.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYZPm1UGws4

YOU ARE GOOD sung by Kari Jobe

your kindness leads me to repentance
your goodness draws me to your side
your mercy calls me to be like you
your favor is my delight
everyday I've awaken my praise and poured out a song from
my heart

You are good, you are good
you are good and your mercy is forever
You are good, you are good
your kindness leads me to repentance
your goodness draws me to your side
your mercy calls me to be like you
your favor is my delight
everyday I've awaken my praise
and poured out a song from my heart

your kindness is forever
your goodness is forever
your mercy is forever
(repeat)

On May 2nd, Julia and her husband Casey came.  It has already been 2 weeks since I started my Advocare health program challenge.  In those 2 weeks Julia measured that I lost a total of 3 3/4 inches.  AMAZING!!  It just feels so amazing to see results when you work so hard at it. 

I started reading "Made To Crave" last night.  It is totally what I need to be reading right now.  It speaks exactly to my heart and correlates with many things I have already talked about in my blog.  I feel like things are all just coming together like they should be and I have this excitement about what God is doing in my life. 

On another note , I want to talk about the struggle that I've had at night with food.  There are times I feel like I'm so hungry and I know it's because I was so used to eating at night.  If I watched a movie, I ate.  If I played a board or card game, I ate.  I haven't been watching TV at night.  It just doesn't do me any good to sit and think about food and see commercials about food.  So I've been reading or doing more house work.  This strategy is working and I keep hoping that it will continue to work.  Moments come when its hard and I just turn to God and pray or think of scripture or say to myself  "I am stronger than this craving for food."

I love how the author Lysa Terkeurst said it in "Made to Crave":
Psalm 78:18 They willfully put God to the test by demanding the food they craved.
"I don't want to wander about in a "desert" unable to enter into an abundant life God has for me because I willfully put Him to the test over food!"

GOD IS GOOD!  And I continue to see His faithfulness and goodness more and more each day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment