Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day May 13, 2012




I think that I had the nicest Mother's Day weekend since my marriage.  It started on Friday when I got home to see the table decorated with a bouquet of flowers and cards and gifts made by the girls. 

Saturday morning was my weigh in with Julia with the 24 day Advocare Challenge.  I have lost 14.2 pounds and 6 1/4 inches since I started April 18th.  AMAZING! The girls were gone all day at friends and so Cornelius and I went out with Jaelle grocery shopping, bought a new phone and just enjoyed the day together.  We got home, ate supper and went for our walk/jog.  In the evening there was a beautiful sunset.

And Sunday morning I slept in until 8am, and woke up to Cornelius making breakfast and the girls folded clothes, put them away and washed dishes.  It was heavenly.

Lunch was at mom's house and Grandma, Aunt Ginna and Gina and her kids came.  The guys did a great job of making a very yummy and healthy meal that I could enjoy.  I used discipline and portioned my food.  But more importantly I was enjoying the day without gorging myself and thinking about food all day. We had such a great day together and the kids played and played.  After the girls were in bed we did our exercises and then played cards with my parents until midnight.

It was just a wonderful weekend with the ones I love and they showed me their love in all that they did for me. 
God is good to me....
"He surrounds me with lovingkindness and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things!"
 Psalm 103:4-5 TLB

1 comment:

  1. Those are such great pictures!!! How how exciting to see your progress!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete