Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Letter of Encouragement

10 REASONS YOU SHOULD NOT FEEL DISCOURAGE​D, BUT IN FACT FEEL LIKE A CHAMPION!!​!
from my friend and trainer, Julia Raglin

1.)  You have lost nearly 20lbs!
2.)  You are miles ahead of where you were just months ago!  Think about the person you were back then!  Would you have imagined yourself where you are now?!?!
3.)  Many people don't have near the courage that you do.  They are all still sitting on the couch WISHING they were had even half the strength and motivation that YOU do.
4.)  In your daughters eyes, Mommy is getting healthy and they admire you and think of you as a SUPERHERO, no matter how fast the weight is falling off.
5.)  You have a new glow about you that everyone sees.
6.)  Food formerly had you in a strong hold and now it can't even touch you.
7.)  You are STILL losing!  (No matter how quickly)
8.)  You have shaved so much time off your 5K!
9.)  You have stuck with it for almost, what, 3 months?!
10.) You have proved that voice in your head that has always told you that you can't do it WRONG!!


So I got this email from Julia today and I needed it.  I have had the time to blog and it's something I need to do regularly because when I take time to retrospect, I'm able to really process all that I'm going through.  Its very emotionally and mentally hard to train your body to submit and discipline itself to eat and exercise.  I feel a little out of wind- out of mental strength.  But it's because I've been trying to rely on just me and I NEED GOD to continue to sustain me.  And you need friends and motivators on this journey.  You can not do this solo!  It's all about finding yourself, your strength and passion and surrounding yourself with those who believe in you too and can encourage you to "keep going!"

I'm reminded of the scripture in Hebrews 12 when writing this because of all the people that are encouraging me, and that includes my loving husband Cornelius.

Romans 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
 I Corinthians 9:24
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Perservere and focus on the prize- the prize of health, submission, discipline and blessing in Christ Jesus.  Because whenever y ou surrender self to God, he honors that and blesses your walk.

I keep thinking how OBEDIENCE to CHRIST always brings blessing.  I have seen that fruit in my life.  It's when I get my eyes off that goal and prize, that I lose focus, wander and falter in my walk.

Tonight I am celebrating God's faithfulness and the fruit of self control and discipline in my life.  I will not give up. 

TODAY MARKS 47 days since I started this journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment