Thursday, June 7, 2012

First Advocare Mixer

So last night I had 3 gals come over for me to share about Advocare, and actually my friend and trainer, Julia, did the bulk of it.  She's so informative because of her Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition and Health.  I was so amazed at how the girls responded and how excited they were to start the program and try the health products.  And what I am learning more and more, so many people want to feel good and healthy and have energy.  Advocare isn't just about weight loss or selling things- it truly is about the overall well being of a person.  I love it!  And not only are the products wonderful but they work. 

I learned that I don't have to be an expert- I learned that I am surrounded by people who are knowledgeable and can be a resource to me and my friends.  I learned that when you share your story and they see results, they want to be apart of it.  So sharing my story is so vital to what I'm doing with Advocare. 

Julia told me that after she left my house last night, she prayed.  She prayed for me and my friends and the whole Mixer.  I am thankful for a friend and someone who truly cares for me and my whole being. :) 

I decided that I am not going to shy away from sharing more about what I'm doing, and especially not shy away about the product and how it has changed my life.  God brought me into this journey for a reason and I'm just taking it one step at a time, remaining faithful and disciplined and who knows where this could go.

I love what Julia told me in her email- I'm going to paste it here so that I can remember it:
"Let me know if you need anything else!  Once again, I loved talking to you last night!  Thank you so much for hosting that mixer!!  It was great!  God has blessed us both by crossing our paths in life.  You motivate me and benefit me just as much as I do you!  God gives us all struggles and hurts for a reason.  You have struggled your whole life with your weight and your food addiction.  God gave you the power to overcome that and now you can help others!  I honestly think that is your purpose.  To help others help themselves and love themselves.  God has given you the gift of compassion and motivation.  Run with it!  You have made a huge impact in my life and I don't even need help with food or weight loss.  You are the answer to so many prayers out there.  Believe me, I talk to many women every week who have the exact same troubles that you do and they all feel like they are alone." from Julia Raglin June 7,2012

My verse today is interesting:
"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."
 Provers 13:12

When people lose hope and feel like they are a failure or cant do this, they lose heart.  They literally can become sick with depression or all kinds of things.  BUT when you fulfill that longing (which can be financial peace, health, a career, or dream) than your life is a TREE OF LIFE, thriving.

But that tree of life must be rooted and grounded in Christ Jesus- and HE IS my foundation and HE HAS given me the hope to keep striving and believing for more and more in my life.

"Your goodness and unfailing kindness shall be with me all of my life, and afterwards I will live with you forever in your home."
Psalm 23:6

No comments:

Post a Comment