Thursday, April 18, 2013

"My Body:His Temple"

I wrote this to my Insanity Work Out Buddies today:

You (we) are training! I've been following some women/mom's who run 5ks and half marathons now. Recently she talked about how she hadn't run but a couple times before she signed up for the half marathon and then she ran it and did her best time ever! She was cross training- things like Insanity, working out at the gym etc. Besides Becky, this 5k is really about us doing this to show that "Our Bodies Are His Temple" - I wish we had t-shirts or tanks that said "My BODY: HIS TEMPLE" and a verse under it. Because it is "our Body" and we have free will to do with it as we choose- but in the end, are the choices honoring the fact that we are His temple for His Spirit. Do we crowd out His Spirit and His Presence with our agendas? I SO STRUGGLE WITH THAT daily. My mom told me to lay it down and to seek Him and not "seek the body/image". I should put this in my blog so I don't forget when I'm telling you all LOL!
Recently I/ve been reading/following two blogs- one that is a Christian (Dani Johnson- amazing coach/mom, woman of God) and the other is Brandi and she is FAMOUS on instragram and in the blogging world. I attached her site so you can read. I love her exercising tips and how RAW/REAL she is- and she's not Christian. Christians are the best at wearing masks aren't we?
http://www.mamalaughlin.com/
And I found another amazing Christian Blogger on a weight loss journey. I think I'm so going to like this one to read for not only tips but more so because of the Spiritual Tips she throws in too. She's full of God's fruit and we need to guard our hearts and minds to make sure we are filling it with truth and God's goodness.
20 This is in keeping with my own eager desire and persistent expectation and hope, that I shall not disgrace myself nor be put to shame in anything; but that with the utmost freedom of speech and unfailing courage, now as always heretofore, Christ (the Messiah) will be magnified and get glory and praise in this body of mine and be boldly exalted in my person, whether through (by) life or through (by) death.
Phillipans 1:20 (AMP)
 
I think my belly is finally starting to show that it's shrinking.  After a month and a half of really working hard, it feels like I'm seeing more changes in my body which is encouraging.
I just had to sneek this pic in. (I took it at work in our bathroom.  Thank goodness no one walked in on me!!) :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment