Thursday, April 25, 2013

April Pics of Abby and Jaelle

So I decided it was time to post some pics that were taken this month of my kids.  Becca seems to avoid the camera. So no pics of Becca this month. Next time. But we did get these pics of Abby this month doing her science project.  Most the kids in her class did projects like colored milk, or moldy fruit, a few did a lava lamp.  Not Abby.  She chose something to do with the designs of bridges and made 2 designs to see which one was better. She used pounds and pressure of water to determine which design was stronger.  She sketched her bridges and then built them. Next it was time to test which bridge design was the best.  Her daddy helped by cutting little pieces of wood to build her bridges.  But then she did it herself.  I think she is super smart and I don't think - no, I know, that I would have not chosen to do this kind of project in 5th grade!! 



Abby believed that the bridge she is holding with the triangle design, would be stronger and withstand more water pressure or more pounds of water.  She was right of course. :)




Our baby sitter, Larita Helton, loves to take pictures and has a nice camera. She took these pictures of Jaelle last week when we had a nice sunny spring day.  Still cool outside but at least sunny.  My sister has a trampoline set up at my parents house and so my girls are enjoying it too. 

This is Jaelle's personality caught on camera- she is strong, silly, a tease and super out going. I love this picture. She's as happy as can be and I love her tenacity for life- well, sometimes :)

Isn't she just a doll?  I love her piggy tails. :)

Loving the trampoline.  I love her little hat- I got it for like $1 after christmas. I love sales :)

Miss wiggle worm.  She is seriously so hard to capture a picture of because she's always on the move!!

Sometimes I feel like I miss out on so much of my girls growing up.  Cornelius' job allows him to be home at 3pm so he can run them to practices, lessons or help with homework.  I get home around supper time and when we sit to eat together I sometimes get this pain in my heart that I'missing out on so much, or like I'm failing as a mom. Or that my work and other things come before my family.  Its been a battle in my mind and heart to wonder if I'm doing the right thing.  But then I realize, "You know what? My girls have a wonderful father and we are blessed with an awesome babysitter.  My sister and parents are just next door and love on my kids too.  They are surrounded by a loving family and community that cares for them.  They are strong, independent and learning so many things by my example." 

It's easier to think and say that then it is to believe it sometimes. And so here I type this from my office at work.  Thankful for such an amazing job with great pay and benefits and praying that I'm doing the right thing to work and let others help me raise my children.  God, you know my heart and know that all I do is to bless others. Bless my children and my family and all that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment