Tuesday, April 16, 2013

HEART ISSUES!!!- The Good and Bad!


Ok, this picture says it all.....I was WAY sick this past weekend.  I started my period on April 7th and so when I started with a stuffy nose, I thought "Well, I always get run down when I start my monthly."  So I didn't think anything of it and I figured it would go away after the week. So that did NOT happen.  I kept exercising and even got a little running in Friday morning.  The only day I didn't exercise this past week was Thursday night when I felt weak and just wanted to sleep.  I slept on my couch and figured I'd be good to go for the weekend. I was eating good, exercising and hopefully sweating out the sickness.  By Saturday when we were at our Leadership Retreat for church, I knew I was sick.  I wasn't sure I could even make it through the rest of the sessions. You know its bad when I'm thinking we should leave early so that I can go to Urgent Care on the way home.  I was also being a BEAR to my husband. I would have these moments where I'm complaining, yelling, crying and just completely a wreck.  Poor guy doesn't know if he's coming or going!!

Saturday night I took alot of pain meds to get through the night. My mom came over and made me swab Watkins (which is like vicks) all over my face and then stand over a steam pot. It would give me such blissful release while I stood over it but as soon as I laid down, I was in horrible pain and couldn't even sleep.  I took 2 hydrocodone that Cornelius had from his back injury thinking it would help- it did, and I slept, but then I was so sick to my stomach. I woke up at 2am and then 5am and then finally at 7:30am on Sunday morning. My mom came and drove me to Urgent Care. I couldn't even muster up the strength I was so weak. When I walked into Urgent Care I was near tears and the receptionist even handed me a barf bag because I looked that wretched....so I cried.

I have a sinus infection. The Urgent Care Doc was wonderful. He checked my sugar and urine. My sugar was surprisingly good for having had raisen bran and almond milk. Only 133. Pretty good for not having much protein and mostly a sugary breakfast.  I went home and then threw up in my drive way as soon as I got out of the truck. My mom told me "Hey, don't pass out cause I can't carry you in."....makes me laugh now! 

My mom gave me a good lecture. She told me that I need to take a dose of my own medicine. I tell everyone in my family to take care of themselves and I haven't been doing that for me. I've been losing hair. And you know its bad when family members notice it and even your hair dresser tells you that your hair has really thinned out.  I hadn't completed my bloodwork that the doc wanted me to do back in December....yep, I've been a bad little girl. And on top of it, I've been only sleepiong like 5-6 hours a night.  RIDICULOUS.  You can't go like I've been going on that little of sleep.  My mom told me I was a complete emotional and physical wreck and that it's no wonder that I'm so sick.

So the moral of this story- I'm a mess.  And it took me getting really sick to see that I need to take care of myself emotionally and physically by:
1. Getting sleep!
2. Following up with my doctor appointments
3. Eating and exercising
4. Probably the most important- connecting with God and others in a way where I am not hiding what's really going on inside of me

I've been on this road to physical health and was pushing myself because I wasn't really dealing with some heart issues.

HEART ISSUES PEOPLE!!  That is pretty big stuff and it can affect your health if you don't keep them in check and tempered by God's view.
"Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge."
Psalm 61:1-3

I'm so thankful for a God that is my refuge. He's a protection and He wants to care for me- but only if I let Him and I'm bad about being a kid that runs carelessly away from the one who wants to take care of me. Sometimes its not even intentionally that I run away from Him but more because I think "I got things under control!"

I'm getting lab work done this week and my doctor appointment is May 9th.  And there are some other things I'm dealing with that I think are just better to keep between a few trusted few and not put on my blog for the world to read. :) 

So I keep trekking on and I'm so full of thankfulness for a God that is faithful and for a momma that set me straight this weekend. LOVE YOU MOM!

Mom and me January 2013 in Downtown Disney
Isn't my mom so beautiful?!


No comments:

Post a Comment