Friday, March 29, 2013

BEING REAL this GOOD FRIDAY

I have felt so discouraged this past week- like this weight is not going to fall off and all that I'm doing is for nothing. 
It would be easy for me to deny or even hide my discouragement or frustration but then I'd be lying and that is NOT me.  I am honest, not one sarcastic bone in my body and I wear my emotions on my sleeve.

So every day I commit myself to God and remain focused that this is a LIFE JOURNEY.  I'm on a walk and sometimes you get tired and you stop.  You stop and refuel, refocus, and then you get up and keep walking.  You look at your map or talk to your guide and you keep walking. 

God you are my guide, your Word is my map and your Spirit is my strength within me.  And You sheild and protect me from the battles that rage around me-

"The Lord is my strength and my sheild; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped." Psalm 28:7

Today is Good Friday.  Its a good day for me because of Jesus not giving up on me or humanity. Its a good day because He gave it all.  Its a good day because we showed me the ultimate act of love on that cross.

Thank you for not giving up on me, Lord.  Help me to not give up on You or myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment