Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The New is Here!

Good Morning!!  It's a brand new day!!  Have you heard that song by Mandisa?  Its ringing in my head this morning.....It truly is a brand new day. And I loved it when in Anne of Green Gables the Novel, Anne's teacher says to her "Tomorrow is a brand new day, with no mistakes in it."

New beginnings are so hopeful- they make us feel clean and that we can face the challenge refreshed and empowered. 

Today is the first day of Spring and on the radio this morning they were talking about verses that remind us of new beginings. And I was thinking how I am in a new beginning.

Below is something I wrote Cornelius to tell him how I was feeling:

"I’m tired…..I think because all I can think about is losing weight.  I’ve been reading some amazing blogs from women like me- who were big and beautiful.  Their husbands loved them the way they were but they had these “aha” moments when they were like “I really am fat” and then decided to do something about it.

Now they are skinny and even more beautiful……many of them have stories where they are trying to relearn to eat clean, exercise and track what they eat.  The journey never ends but continues and sometimes its easy and other times its not.

It’s like with any addiction or stronghold in your life- once you’ve been suspectible to it, it’s like Satan will bring it back to try to bring you down.

I feel like this road I’m on will never end and that I have SO MUCH TO DO to lose weight.  It’s hard to keep my mind focused and not focused on my weight…..I know, it sounds crazy to talk about this with you.  But I figured you should know where I’m at."

I don't want my new beginning to be focused on losing weight.

I want it to be focused on being NEW in CHRIST- this verse comes to mind this morning: 
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:  The old has gone, the new is here!"   
2 Cor. 5:17

THE NEW IS HERE!!  THE OLD WAY OF LIFE IS GONE!  You know, when we confess something to God and ask him to cover it or to forgive us, the Bible says He remembers it no more.  We are the ones going back to it and remembering it. 
So with this whole weight thing, I bring it to God and I say "God, I confess I have had the most unhealthy lifestyle and affair with food.  I need you to help me, to deliver me and to empower me with your Spirit to defeat this demon in my life. In Jesus Name, Amen."

And the beautiful thing is, THAT HE HEARS THAT CONFESSION and forgives and HE ALSO HEARS THAT NEED and meets it.  God is in the business of restoring and empowering people.  So that we can shine and be his stars! 

When our heart is to delight in Him and to live a life that honors Him, he will give us the desires of our heart.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart; Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your case like the noonday sun." Psalm 37:4-6

So if I have confessed, THE OLD HAS GONE and the NEW HAS COME!  God has given me this new beginning and wants to see me succeed.  He doesn't want me to fail.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

So guess what?!  Its a brand new day, a new beginning and God wants to see you succeed. He wants to see you thrive and prosper and He wants to see the NEW in YOU. :)

Be blessed today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment