Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Its Not About Me

"Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness."
Psalm 115:1 NRSV

Seriously, what girl doesn't love to be dotted upon, spoiled or just plain "get all the attention."  I don't think it's just a girl problem.  It's human nature!  We were designed to be loved, cared for, taken care of and feel like we are everything to someone.

Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but it really isn't about you or me.  We were created with a purpose. A purpose to honor God, to be a living sacrifice, to be in relationship with our creator and do great things in this life - GREAT THINGS THAT HONOR HIM.....not me. Now let me reaffirm you though that God does want good things for us and He wants to bless us.  In the end, it's really about being blessed because it's about Him and His attributes and not about me.

So today as I think about my journey to be healthy, lose weight and honor God with a life that is self controlled in all areas, I stop and realize that it's not about me and what I want.  It's about what He wants. 

When I surrender and submit my struggles and let Him work through me, I will do great things because He is empowering me so that I can bring glory for His name sake.

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:16

Oh that I can be that person that is selfless and filled up with His purposes.

Side Thought:
Sometimes we fail because we make agendas that are not His agendas.  God let my desire to be healthy focused on honoring you with what I do when I exercise and what I put in my body to fuel it to complete your kindgom work.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment