Thursday, April 19, 2012

Kicking off the 24 Day Challenge with Advocare

Last night I started a health program and I'm being held accountable by my family and Julia Raglin.  Julia Raglin is a trainer and has worked with heart patients.  Now she does her own program with people whether at their home or at the gym.  She emailed me about a program called Advocar and wanted to share with me and Cornelius how excited she was to be apart of it.  So she came with her husband Casey and she told me about it.  Basically she told me that it would change my life.  There was a 24 day challenge using the Advocar products and strict food plan for 24 days.  At that time when Julia came, I had been feeling down about my weight.  Since having Jaelle and going back to work, I've gained 20 pounds.  I knew that I needed to get it under control but felt like I didn't have the motivation or energy to do it.  The Advocar product sounded great, but even better was the fact that I'd have a friend, Julia, who was knowledgable and healthy, to challenge me and keep me accountable.  I was hooked.  We ordered our Advocar package April 12th and then started the program once it arrived.

Wednesday April 18th, Julia came to our house to get me started.  She brought me a Workout plan that my whole family could do together.  She watched me do the exercises and then gave me a goal to meet until we met again in 2 weeks. 
And so I began today.  I spent the night before planning my meals, snacks and packaged it the night before.
AND THE QUESTION IS:  How did I do on DAY ONE?
SUCCESS!! 
Wake at 6am and drink Fiber and Spark drink
Shower and dress
Breafast- 3 egg white omelet with black beans and salsa
2 fish oil pills
Snack 10am- apple and 2 tbsp of peanut butter
11:30am Spark drink (filled with vitamin B for mental health and energy)
Lunch- big salad with greens, chicken breast, half egg, black beans and salsa
Snack- 1/4 cup almonds and plum
5pm - Quinoa and lentil soup
5:30-6:30 2.12 mile walk on Heartland trail in 42:05 minutes.  Average speed is 3.02 mi/h and I burned 262 calories per MapMy RUN+ app for my Android Phone.
Snack: boiled egg, raw carrots (1/4 cup) and a bite of chicken breast (size of thumb)
Tea and herbal cleanse pills before bed

I also drank half a gallon of water today during work hours and then more at home.  I've never peed this much in one day in my life!! :)

Today I was battling my mind.  I see this as a battle to kick this addiction to food.  People have addictions to gambling, smoking, drinking- and then there are those who eat.  And food has captured my attention in a way that is unhealthy.  I use it for emotional, social and mental comfort and I need to put food back where it belongs.  It only is the fuel to keep my body healthy and not intended to fill other voids or needs.  Several times today I took out the Word and focused on scripture and prayer to get me through the battle going on in my mind.  AND IT WORKED.  Now to keep at it!!
 I decided that the best thing I can do for myself is to chronicle my steps on this health journey.  So that I can see where I was and see where I end.  I want to be healthy for my husband and kids and right now I am not.  I can't enjoy activities with them because of my weight and eating habbits being such a hinderance.  We took pictures today so that we can show the before and after pics. :)

SCRIPTURES FROM TODAY:
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength Phil. 4:13

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. Psalm 55:22

Seek the Lord and his strength; see his presence continually! Psalm 105:4

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will
uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his might power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Ephesians 4:20

2 comments:

  1. Wow Cherri! What a commitment and change! I'm excited for you as you begin this journey and make changes for YOU. As moms, we tend to put our own needs last feeling like we're being selfish if we put ourselves above our husbands and kids. But when you do the things you need to do to take care of yourself physically, you are giving your family a very precious gift. You'll feel better, be a better mom and wife, and set a healthy positive example to your girls about the proper way to go about taking care of yourself. You will show them that it's okay to love on themselves, and that it is in fact necessary to their overall spritual health. Way to go! I'm cheering you on from here! I have a friend who uses Advocare and is quite pumped about it. I've heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Cherri! I am so excited for you!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete