Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 2 and 3 of my Challenge- April 20-21st, 2012

I noticed on Friday more energy and probably the most exciting to me, the fact that I'm not hungry. Normally when you start a diet, you feel like you are starving.  Of course I miss my coffee and I'm not denying that I get urges to splurge, but it's not from hunger. Instead, I notice how much of my eating is "habbit" and emotional.  I feel hungry or I crave something and then I stop- I pray or read His Word and sit a minute and then start on something to distract me. Then a few minutes later I realize that I wasn't hungry.

Here's my menu on Friday
April 20
6am -fiber drink and Spark (vitamin B drink)
7:20am -3 egg white omelet with spices, bowl of oatmeal with almond milk
10am -green apple with 2 tbsp all natural PB
11:30am- Spark drink
Noon - quinoa and red lentil soup, green salad w/ black beans and salsa
3pm- 1/4 cup almonds and 1 cup mixed fruit (Abby was so sweet and cut up a bunch of fruit for me)
5pm- grilled chicken, baked sweet potato and steamed zuchinni
6:30-7:15- WORK OUT with girls (Abby & Becca keep me motivated and are so much fun to exercise with)
Evening snack - boiled egg and tea

April 21
7am- fiber drink and spark (vitamin B drink)
9am- 3 egg omelet with spices and bowl of oatmeal with almond milk
10:30- almonds and 1/2 banana
Spark drink
Noon- Quinoa on brown rice
3pm- veggies w/ 1/4 veggie salad w/ olive oil (veggie salad had cut up cucumber, green peppers, black beans)
4:15-5pm- WORKOUT -went walking with Cornelius down the heartland trail. 2.12 miles in 39 minutes
5:30pm- baked fish, 1/2 c brown rice and greenbeans

So I'm 3 days into my challenge and I feel so excited about what I'm doing.  I want to be a better steward of my body.  I want to have strength and stamina to do hikes, walks, canoeing and kayaking.  I want to be able to do these activities with Cornelius and the girls and not hold them back.  Right now I just feel so HUGE- I just didn't realize how big I had gotten.  You just get comfortable with where you are at and start to just be "Well, this is how I am or have always been." or "I just don't have the energy or I'm too busy." 

I want to succeed.  And I want to be a person that is healthy and active. I want to look as beautiful as I am in my heart!!  Maybe that sounds prideful but I know my heart is pure and that I have a heart to love God and others fully but feel like this body holds me back and hinders me- hinders me because of insecurities and fear and doubt that I have. 

So....here's to looking beautiful inside AND out.  I always minimized the outside part, but the truth is, if you are caring for your body and eating how God intended us to use food, then you will be gorgeous without all the extra added stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment