Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Half WAY THROUGH

Things are still going good.  Several accomplishments on April 24th.  When I arrived home from work, I found a beautiful table FULL of very yummy smelling and looking cookies made by my lovely daughters.  I DID NOT TASTE ONE.  I had a desire to pick one up and eat it, but in my mind I said "No, I made a commitement to myself, God and family that I was going to stick to this plan. I'm not hungry and I can't eat sugar and fat."  So I turned and walked away.  Cornelius apologized for not having them put away when I came home.  He was putting them in freezer bags for when company comes. 
After softball Cornelius took the girls to get an icrecream cone.  I sat in the van with Jaelle and again did not get one.  And it was ok.  I wasn't sad, or drooling.  I know that one day I will be able to have an icecream cone, but not today, and its ok. 
We did our exercises as a family when we got home and we all did better with them.  The girls made their own little chart to keep track of what they do each time we exercise. They are so proud of what they are doing too.
I had a really good talk with my friend Mistie from Evansville IN last night.  She is so encouraging and I just lover her in general.  She doesn't struggle with food and never has in her life. Food is for fuel and sustenance, not a hobby or past time. I don't mind sharing with her because I know she loves me and she'll pray.  And she gives great advice.  Her hubby can run a 6 minute mile....WOW.  I told Mistie that when I walk, I can just see me running in the future.  I don't see my body and what it looks like but I "see and feel" the wind and the pavement and my legs going.  Its weird and makes me feel like I'm having a vision of my future....one step at a time........I have to pace myself but its ok to dream.

I ate something really yummy yesterday for lunch.  It was the Quinoa with tuna and steamed broccoli and I squeezed lemon juice on it.  It was so very good and I didn't expect that.

The first 10 days of this 24 day challenge is a DETOX challenge and we are half way through.  I've done it and I'm so proud.  Long road ahead, but the first few steps are the hardest and they are behind me.

Here's a verse I posted to my facebook a few days back:
"I look behind me and you're there, then up ahead and you're there, too- your reassuing presence, coming and going.  This is too much, too wonderful- I can't take it all in!"  Psalm 139:5-6 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment