Thursday, July 25, 2013

Quality versus Quantity or Quantity versus Quality

 There is nothing that I love more to do than spend time with my family.  And with working full time, volunteering as the Worship Director at Crystal Lake Community Church, small group leader and trying to fit in exercise time into my daily routine, finding family time can be super hard to fit in on a DAILY basis.  There is the whole debate on quality versus quantity and etc. To me, the more time I can put into my family and home, the more that they will flourish.  It only makes sense. If I only went to work once a week and had a full time job, my work would suffer.  And when you don't invest time and energy into your marriage, your marriage suffers. So how they can say that quality over quantity is better- I'm just not quite sure.  But if you disagree and want to let me know why and support it with your theories, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT.  Because honestly, I struggl like any mom/parent wanting to spend more time with my children and famly.

So last Sunday I was a heathen.  I wasn't on the schedule to lead worship.  So I slept in until 8:30am and then took my girls to Tim Hortons and then to Meijers for a few groceries. I love my children. They are my gems, my jewels and they are extremely precious.  Not because they are mine, but because God gave them to me on loan while I'm on earth and I truly need cherish them.  They teach me so much about me and life in general.  And there is no greater joy than to see your child flourish and develop into the beautiful person God created them to be.  So with all that said, here are some very cute pics from this week past week.

 Jaelle loves sprinkles.  She stood and looked at all those donuts and quickly went back to "the sprinkles".
Abby and Becca- so beautiful and unique. Abby sensitive, sweet, caring and serving. Always there to encourage and help. Very crafty. Becca is spicey, strong, intelligent, techy, musical and well, she surpises me each day and I'm curious as to how she'll be as a young adult. 

Can you see their different personalities in this picture?

My Three Musketeers!

We went grocery shopping at Meijer's after Tim Hortons.  Jaelle doesn't take pictures well. In fact she hates looking at the camera.  This is the best I could get. Notice her baby doll hanging by its head?!

The other night Becca said, "Lets all go swimming in our pool as a family." I had wanted to go walk that night but we decided that a swim did sound fun.  The pool needs to be treated but we still enjoyed it.

Cornelius was throwing Jaelle up higher and higher. She was like "Again daddy! Again!"

She's flying!  And look at Abby...she looks just as happy as Jaelle.

After our swim Cornelius was feeding Jaelle fresh raw peas from the garden.  She wasn't too fond of them.


Hmm. Wild berry picking in the woods.

Carrots in our garden.  Jaelle was so surprised when Cornelius dug it out for her to see.

Cornelius built this cool teepee out of sticks from our woods for our climbing beans.  The girls like playing in it.

One of our hen layers

Martha our turkey- she is actually a he.

Scary turkey eye.


After our swim Jaelle wanted to bundle up in a towel and warm up because "I cold mommy!"

A stroll in our woods

Hmmmm...wild berries.


Thank you mommy. I like berries.

And we are in the dark woods. You can see that Jaelle had a few mosquito bites, a messy berry face and the fascination in the feather she found on the ground.  "That big bird feather mommy" 

No comments:

Post a Comment