Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled!

Message from fellow facebook friend:
"Cherri, tell me about some of your best fitness tips, and diet changes that help you become successful in losing weight. I just went to my 20 year reunion and after looking at photos of me and my thin friend, I really need to get serious about getting in better shape. (I know its not about comparing myself to others either..I want to do it for me) I can't afford to hire anyone to help. Are you food journalling, counting calories, or any of that? I could really use someone's help to keep me accountable."

My response to my facebook friend:
Would you be interested in being apart of a book study I want to do this fall called "Made to Crave" ? It is faith based and POWERFUL. I read it last year. The focus is not about numbers which us women get caught up in. Its not about comparing. Its about being healthy and having a right heart, mind and attitude about our body and our health. I'd love for you to join me. I'm trying to find at least 8 ladies to come and do this study at my home. Check it out on Amazon and tell me what you think of the book.
Tips-
1. accountability/buddy.
2. Have reasonable attainable goals
3. Start one thing (counting calories or a food journal)
4. Exercise - try to walk at least 3 times a week. Or find an activity you enjoy
5. Pray and seek God as you go on this health journey.
And finally, I'd love to talk to you in person because I'm seriously just like you- struggling each day to stay faithful and have a right heart about my body and image.
I'm so glad you contacted me via facebook. If you'd like to talk or meet up, let me know!!
Cherri
 

 Friends,
I seriously blog and keep you posted on facebook of my life/health journey so that you all see that life is about being real, sharing our struggles, working together to help eachother and care eachother's burdens.

I shared this message from my facebook friend with you today because I know there are more of you out there that are feeling the same way- you need help or a something/someone to help you.
 
You are not alone! I read this verse today and it really encouraged me and a friend that I shared it with when she was sharing with me some hurt.
 
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
John 14:27 KJV
 
Don't be afraid or discouraged friend. God is there and He wants to give you a peace and the strength to endure whatever challenge you are facing.  Let not your heart be troubled
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment