Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Price Tag on Health

I posted this on facebook today:
"Many of you have asked about my weight loss and what I'm doing. In all honesty, I have lost little weight but more inches. I really started noticing a difference when I added weight training and these Advocare products into the mix. I feel more stamina, strength, energy and I could go on! Anyway, I'd love to talk more to you about it if you're interested about the stuff I'm using and I have a great friend Julia Huffman Raglin who has really taken me to this next step in my health. Thanks Julia!!"

Then I got a private facebook message stating I must be spending a ton.  This was my response:

"Someone messaged me and told me I must be spending a fortune. WRONG!! First of all, I can't put a price tag on health. Most of you who have been following my blog know how much I've struggled with my health. And when you find something that is working and seeing results, well, the price is minimal in comparison to how I feel, what I do and the effects it has on your personal life and family!! If you want exact prices, message me!"

I started to thinking about what people spend money on or splurge on.  When you are an unhealthy person you spend alot on junk food, eating out, clothes that you are outgrowing, shoes, make-up, jewelry- things to help make you feel better. I have found that my spending has shifted to spending on good food, vitamins, suppliments and that has in turn made me spend less in clothes (because I'm not outgrowing- I'm shrinking but my mom has given me clothes that fit me where I'm at now). I spend less in make-up because my skin is doing so much better because I'm healthier.  I don't buy the jewelry I was because I feel happy with what I have. 

I guess I'm writing this because I can't put a price on my health.  From what I was feeling like just 3 months ago, its been a complete turn around. When you go from feeling so tired, depressed, weak and super emotional to feeling awake, alive, happy, strong and motivated- well, YOU CAN'T PUT A PRICE TAG ON IT!

So I know that as time goes on, things might change a little in what I do to keep myself healthy. 

Here is a few verses from the past couple of days:
"But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn that shines brighter and brighter until the full day."
 Proverbs 4:18 NASB
 (that chapter is about seeking wisdom- I'm seeking God's wisdom and strength about my health every day)

"And when we obey him, every path he guides us on is fragrant with his loving kindness and his truth."
Psalm 25:10 TLB

And I really do want to obey Him and this journey I'm on with my health.I am finding that he gives me what I need daily to stay steadfast in making good choices.  I feel a peace as I take each step forward.

A dear friend wrote this on my facebook page yesterday:
Always concentrate on how far you have come, rather than how far you have left to go. The difference in how easy it seems will amaze you.
— Heidi Johnson

This picture was taken Sunday night July 14th.  You would never guess that my 2 year old was a little monster for probably 98% of the time during our family photo session! Trisha from T Photography was amazing and handled my difficult 2  year old so well!

My mom gave me this bright shirt- it goes with my happy bright smile someone told me :) 

I have so much more to post regarding the kids and family and life in general but its been SO BUSY.....and someone reading my blog might think that I don't ever write about my kids and hubby- sorry!!  My family is such a vital and core part of who I am.  I promise to include more pics of the kids from this month in the days to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment