Friday, June 21, 2013

Girls at the Gym

Yesterday was just one of those days that was a good busy and a hard busy.  I had another doctor appointment just to follow up with how I was feeling and how the Vitamin D suppliment was affecting me.  I don't have that severe depression and fatigue and I am starting to feel more myself.  I did talk alot about my weight and my exercising and all that I'm doing.  The doctor was so encouraging and told me to just focus on inches lost right now and not to be discouraged about my weight. We'll follow up in August again. I told her that numbers are a big deal for me because of my BMI.  Right now she's very pleased with my blood work, and right now I am losing fat and gaining muscle (that is what everyone is telling me).  She even told me not to weigh myself and just do measurements this summer.  I asked her if she would consider checking my Thyroid to see if I need a low dose of medicine to boost my metabolism.  The blood test showed good results and that my Thyroid was healthy.  So we leave it alone and I keep working at it.  It continues to be about being faithful, steadfast and disciplined.

TOOK THE GIRLS TO THE GYM!
This picture is of me and the girls after our 1 mile run yesterday.  Aren't they beautiful? I invited them to come along so that we could have time together (Its hard being a working mom and struggling to get more time with your kids! ) and so they could see what their momy is up to at the gym. T
First we did our run on the trail. They ran ahead of me because they just have so much more stamina than me.  But it made me work hard to keep up with those little gals. :)  Then we went into the gym so I could do my weight training. They read a book while I was lifting weights with Julia. 
Becca took pics of me lifting.  So I can remember what I first looked like when I first started training. I keep believing I'm going to get BIG results even though right now its just so minimal.

Becca is on my right. She turned 9 in January.  Abby is 11 1/2 years old. She will be 12 in November this year!

I hadn't had a pedicure in 3 months I think. It felt so good to be pampered.  My feet have felt a little sore and tired from my walking/jogging.


Here is a little picture of what I did yesterday on my day off:

9:15am doc appointment Mt. Pleasant
10:30am pedicure
Noon -meet with photographer to discuss family pictures
1pm grocery shopping
Got home at 2:30pm from Mt pleasant from shopping and unloaded groceries
3pm left to go work out at gym- ran a mile and did weight training with my trainer (my 2 oldest girls came along and ran with us)
4:40pm back home- showered to get ready to go to softball party for my girls
4:45pm- few minutes visiting with Irene, my mother-n-law (she's visiting for a week)
6pm softball party
8:30pm got home and was starting to get the baby ready for bed when we get a call that my nephew was taken by ambulance to go to Hospital
9pm my dad calls and asks if I’ll get grandma to bed
9:20pm arrive at grandma’s- bathing, changing, getting in to bed, meds and tucking in the covers.
Back home at 11pm
To bed at 12:30am



No comments:

Post a Comment