Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend Recap and other news

Its been hard to keep up with my blogging lately- mostly because Cornelius uses the computer so much at night to do homework.  Last semester he took 12 credit hours and worked full time with lots of overtime and still got a near 4.0 GPA....yeah, he's pretty brilliant. What is even more fabulous is that each time he completes a trek of classes, he gets a raise!!  And, his work pays for ALL his schooling 100%!  You can't beat that.  I think by December he will have his Associates Degree of Applied Science.  I'm pretty sure Cornelius is planning on taking classes to get his Bachelor Degree.

Thursday June 6th, I missed Becca's home softball game and I feel terrible because it was her best game this season to date. She had 2 double hits, a triple hit and stole home 3 times!!  She was on-fire!! I asked her after the game what the difference was from Tuesday to Thursday's game. She told me "Because I told myself I was going to play better tonight."  She has a goal to hit a home run this season.  I hope she meets that goal.  I love that she is so goal oriented and works hard to achieve that goal.  This weekend she played ball in the yard with her daddy. She loves hitting.

Friday afternoon around 1pm we found out that a coworkers son was killed.  Deb had just celebrated the marriage of her son on June 1st, and then to have him die on June 6th.....our office was devasted.  We were crying and well, there was just complete shock.  He had been out running and a man found in laying in the ditch beside the road.  The man had seen a dog sitting on the side of the road and so he went to investigate and found him.  L.J Donahue was only 29 years old. And they believe it was an aneurism or something related to his health.  Deb, my coworker, had just shared with all of ladies of how wonderful the wedding was and how she honestly could say it was the most fun she has ever had. She had danced late into the night and on Monday night, her son had called her to thank them for such a great wedding.  I was leaving work early Fridayand I was asked to lead a time of prayer before I left......what do you say? I knew God would have to help me.  I didn't want to sound cliche or emotionless.  I decided that I would just pray from my heart and not worry what people thought....and God showed up like He always does and gave the words to pray. I don't even remember everything I said, but I do remember saying that "God, we don't understand....but I know that you see the whole picture and that you are the creator of life. We are thankful for life no matter how long or how short...." I cried and so did others.

We had small group Friday night and sat around a bonfire for awhile before coming in to have our small group lesson and prayer.

Saturday we were home and Cornelius butchered his chickens. It took him all morning to get them butchered and ready for freezing and canning. Thank goodness the amish were able to defeather them for us because it would have taken FOREVER and truly, I hate the mess of it.  Becca helped Cornelius package the chicken meat. Abby helped me with flowers on the front porch and planting. Jaelle fell asleep from 11-2pm.  I also washed the windows and woodwork in the north green room.  It really needed it. And it feels so much better.  Saturday afternoon was a nice nap. I just felt like I needed a nap. We had a bonfire Saturday night with the girls and they played in the yard- it was just so wonderful.  Jaelle had her first smore. She was a sticky mess!  We let our turkey loose to run the yard. She was so friendly and all over the yard, following us like a nice pet would.  Cornelius said we should name her and I was totally surprised because we're not supposed to name our food!!  But he said we should do a nice pilgrim name since she'll be our Thanksgiving turkey.  I said her name is Martha.  And Jaelle promptly says "Hi Martha!"  After our fun with Martha the turkey, we put her away in her pen and played some softball. Then the girls played with the water hose and chased and sprayed eachother. Jaelle loved playing with her big sisters.

Sunday morning we had a wonderful service. Powerful message by Pastor Steven Mowat. https://www.facebook.com/CrystalLakeChurch.  You should check out our church or visit it.  Afterwards we had our awesome home grown roast chicken. My mom came for lunch but dad had to take grandma to the hospital. She had severe pain in her abdomin. Dad spent the whole afternoon and late into the night with her at the hopsital.  She is still there this morning.  I was so looking forward to having grandma for lunch. I'm praying she will get well soon so I can have her over. Sunday afternoon was full of playing and napping and it was just wonderful to spend time as a family.  Cornelius got his homework done by 8pm so that we could watch a movie together for a date, "Mama Mia" which is totally a chic flick, but he watched it and didn't complain.  He's a good man.

Today at 4:30pm I meet up with Julia to start a work-out program.  I'm excited and scared at the same time. I know she's going to kick my booty into shape and it scares me to death!!  I'll let you know how it goes.


our Country family- Cornelius holding our Thanksgiving turkey dinner/pet! And Abby wearing a rhubarb leaf hat that she made. 

Jaelle just woke up from a nap Sunday afternoon.  She's patting Cornelius' shoulder :)

Sticky mess from eating her first smore.

Daddy's little cuddle bug

And Jaelle taking a careful bite of her first smore- look at those dirty toes, yep, she was running around barefoot. :)


"I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with musch as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, where I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am."
Phillipians 4:11-13 MSG

No comments:

Post a Comment