Friday, May 17, 2013

Hardship Leading to Good Things

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 KJV

I remember my grandma telling me this verse alot as a young adult.  Reminding me that all the things that are difficult in my life or the trials I'm experiencing, He can work them for good in my life.  Its almost impossible to see that in the midst of those trials and difficulties.  Especially right now as I struggle to be faithful in my health and weightloss.  It feels like I've been jipped or handed a bad hand in a card game.  I've always been that bigger girl. My sister Gina was always this cute petite thing.  And it seems that even though I'm eating good and counting my calories and exercising, that the weight just only s-l-o-w-l-y creeps off when my sister can eat junk food and then go run 3 miles like it's nothing.
So I can choose to be bitter and give up and hold this grudge against life and God OR.....I can choose to understand that each person in life has their own struggle, their own "thorn" that they are working through.  So maybe my sister doesn't struggle with her weight but maybe she is experiencing hardship with finances or fear.  Do you get what I mean?  And those hardships or trials that we go through, God uses to shape and mold us into a beautiful masterpiece for Him.  Because it ultimately always boils down to us being made to be more like Him.

Now I can honestly say, I am not always thinking about lookin' like Jesus when I'm working out or when I'm counting those calories- I'm thinkin' "I so want to buy those cute little skinny jeans!"  Then there are days when I'm walking and jogging and I'm feeling like I just want to stop because its so hard and then I think "God, I can only do this if you help me!!  Make my Spirit within me strong!"

So then I think "God what are you teaching me? Are you teaching me that I need to learn to be steadfast? Do I need to learn to be humble because being fat sure does make you humble in this flesh oriented world we live in."  But I need to not focus on what the object of my hardship is supposed to mean or teach me- but only know that He is working it all out for good in my life and trust that....and lean in on that....and keep going and taking it one day at a time.

And that is my little nugget of truth to live by today!


Picture of me this morning (5/17/13) after my 10 day cleanse.  I wasn't as strict as I should have been. I had several days with icecream and where I added carbs into my diet.  But I still did lose 5 pounds in 10 days from the cleanse....and my jeans fit a little better and that is a small but noteworthy victory for me!!


On my way to work today I snapped this picture of me- My eyes look a little puffy and tired because I am tired.  My body is still healing and I'm fighting a bad cough and sore throat.....but I keep plugging away.


The view oustide my house last night.  Can you see the sun setting right above that old red barn? And the white blossoms of the apple tree remind me that spring is here and spring means fresh and new beginnings. And I feel like God is always reminding me that He is about giving us new beginnings and leading us on journey that leads to good things.  Pictures of God's beauty always brings me back to looking at my creator and His goodness to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment