Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A new chapter begins!

Jaelle is crawling!  Can you believe it?  How can it be that my baby is already crawling?  Sunday night she ate her first graham cracker and then 2 days later she is crawling?  Oh wow....so a new chapter begins.  With a crawling child comes the responsibility of making sure the house is safe. But more than that, taking the time to start teaching her "no" and a firm spank to the hand if necessary when she reaches for things she shouldn't touch.  I've had some people tell me that she's too young for that but we did that with Abby and Becca and they were so pleasant to be around because they knew what they shouldn't touch at home and when we went out too.  They understood the word no and obeyed.  It was so nice.  I never had to put up my nice things.  They both crawled at 6-7 months so I'm not sure why I'm so surprised that Jaelle is crawling at 7 months and 2 weeks.
Here are a few pictures of Jaelle from these past few weeks.  She is a pure joy.  So loving, giggly, cuddly, interactive.  She gives wide open wet kisses too....oh, she is just so sweet! And did I mention she's thumb sucker? Yep.  Abby was all about her pacifier and Becca didn't have any security item.  But Jaelle loves that thumb and uses it to fall asleep.  Not sure how you take a thumb away from a kid or break that habbit but we'll deal with that when it comes. :)









I'm totally loving this new chapter in my life as a new mom at age 34.  I took a pregnancy test tonight hoping that I was pregnant.  But I'm not....and I was disappointed and relieved at the same time.  Cornelius has said that if we aren't pregnant that maybe I should "get fixed".  But it seems so final.  I told him that I'd like to wait to get fixed until Jaelle is 1 years old and if I'm not pregnant by then, then I'll do it.  Anyway, wondering if I should only have 3 children.  Praying God will show me what is best for our family and that I will be obedient..

1 comment:

  1. She is such a doll! And it is so fun that she is crawling now :) You guys are great parents...you are right...it does seem so final. I think Jaelle needs a sibling her age :) :) :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete