Monday, January 9, 2012

God is always moving...

So Friday January 6th I left work so discouraged.  Work has been the pits.  Then I get home to my sweet family who greets me with love and kisses and I get all overwhelmed.  I told myself I wasn't going to cry.  I'm a big girl and work is tough but so many others deal with it too.  I went into the bathroom when I got home and cried...when you are treated so harshly at work and then you come home to such overwhelming love and God's peace- well, it was overwhelming.  Even though I was so exhausted, I had to prepare for Small Group.  I love our small group but I just didn't feel I was up to having almost 20 people in our home.  Cornelius was all excited about it, he had prepared a great lesson and was looking forward to sharing it and being with our friends.  Of course I put on game face but inside I just felt deflated.  When group started and Cornelius prayed, I felt the walls coming down and my Spirit within me strengthening with each word and scripture.  When you are surrounded by so much pain and ugliness at work, its easy to lose focus and to lose the fact that I'm strong because of Christ.  That I am more than a conquerer!  That I can have joy because of what Christ did for me and that nothing is too difficult for Him.  After Cornelius' teaching, I felt led to have Cornelius and I lay hands on each couple and pray.  God gave me a specific word/prayer for each couple.  It was powerful! These kind of moments makes me realize how God desires to be intimately involved in each of our lives if we would only seek "His presence, His Power and His annointing" in our lives.  That was the focus of the worship songs that I picked this week.  Which perfectly coincided with Pastor Stephen's message!  God is so faithful, so constant and always amazes me in how He's always there to encourage me and empower me through Him. 
At the close of small group, everyone laid hands on us and prayed for us.  Some of the words of those prayers come to mind now:
1. Don't be afraid to walk where God is leading you. It might not be easy but trust God and follow where He leads.
2. You guys are part of God's elite workforce.
3. God is the centerpiece of your family and the cornerstone of your marriage.
These words have been echoing in my mind since that night.  I feel that they might be the theme of our family this year. 
My challenge is to "Pray without ceasing." I Thessalonians 5:17  for my family, my Small group, my marriage and all those needy people that I serve at work.  Will you hold me accountable to this?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your heart, Cherri! You are such an encouragement!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete