Thursday, January 12, 2012

Growing up

So last night Cornelius was telling me about his conversation with Abby before bed.  He was tucking her and Becca in and saying goodnight and prayers when Abby says,
“Dad, mom says I have a hormone on my face.  What’s that?”  Cornelius is pretty good about keeping his cool and figured I had talked to her about hormones.  So he says “You don’t have it on your face. It’s in your body and it’s what makes a woman a woman and a guy a guy.”  She says “well, mom says I have hormones on my face.”  She precedes to show her little pimple by her nose.  He tells her that she’s growing up and that her body is changing.  She asks “Is that when you get hair on your privates?”  Cornelius says “Well, that and in your armpits and….” Abby interrupts him “What?!  Mom doesn’t have hair in her pits!”  He tells her,”That’s because she shaves them.”  She tells him “But dad, that tickles!” 

I can’t remember the rest of what Cornelius told her but they ended it with it being a good thing when our body is changing and developing and that she is becoming a young woman.  She said “mom calls me a tweeny.”  Cornelius says to her, “No, its called becoming a young lady and you need to talk to mom about this kind of stuff in the future….but I’m glad you were ok telling me too.”

This is so hilarious!!  I'm hoping that Abby won't mind that I blogged about this...but it was just too precious to forget and not write about. I LOVE YOU ABBY!  You are such a joy in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment