Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I Found It!

I found it!  I found what I want my New Year Resolution to be!  I feel so relieved.  I guess because it just was so depressing to me that I didn't have something specific that I wanted to resolve to work on or give to God this coming year. I had this overwhelming cloud of nothingness hanging over me...like I was just emotionless, directionless and unfocused.  I wrote the following on facebook New Year's Day.
"Today I'm putting away my Christmas Decorations and it always makes me a bit sad- Christmas and New Year go so fast. Does that mean I'm getting old or does it mean that we pack too much into the season that we can't enjoy the simpleness of what it should be? Its the 1st of 2013 and I still haven't made a resolution for this year. I don't want it to be generic. I want it to be something I can stick to and sincerely invest my heart to. Praying for clarity of mind today as I declutter my house."

So tonight it - I FOUND IT....I found what I want to resolve and commit to do this year. 
But first let me recap my day
  • We have a new daycare provider for the girls. Her name is Larita Helton. She's young but my girls adore her and she came with high recommendation.  She officially started today. I came home to find my sweet little girl happy, dolled up wearing a cute bow. I don't know why it meant so much, but it did. I guess because if I were home, I would put a bow in her hair and dress her cute too.  That's just how I am, and I want my little girl to have that same kind of love and attention to doll her up, like her momma would.
  • Family sat down to a yummy meal planned by me and prepared by daddy: baked sweet potatoes, steaks that were roasted with onions and seasoning instead of grilled, and an extremely tasty salad with dried cranberries and ovacado.  Everyone chattered happily and enjoyed the food
  • Becca and I watched some of Toy Story 3
  • Cornelius worked on the basement trying to get it ready for drywalling etc. So excited to see progress happening down there.
  • While putting Jaelle to bed, I sang my usual round of songs and then proceeded to sing my prayer over her "Thank you Jesus for Jaelle. Help her sleep in peace tonight. Let her know we love her so. Fill her with your Spirit Lord. Blood of Jesus cover her. Angels come surround my girl. Teach her Lord to know Your voice. Help her Lord to obey you. Amen."
  • When I completed my prayer song over her I decided that I was going to tell her to hold mommy's hand so we can pray. Which Jaelle totally understands because we always hold hands to say our prayer before our meals.  So she took my hand and I started the prayer like this "Jesus....we love you.  We thank you for your love.  Thank you for Jaelle....and then Jaelle interrupts my prayer and says "Gina" and so I prayed a simple one-line prayer for Gina. And then Jaelle says after that prayer "Gampa" and so I proceed to pray for Grandpa.  Interesting enough, those were 2 people that I had thought about today and worried about and here Jaelle was mentioning them while we prayed. I ended the prayer with "In Jesus Name, amen."  Then I kissed her and laid her down.  Mind you, Jaelle is 19 months old this January 1st. IT IS NEVER TO EARLY TO TEACH A CHILD IN THE WAY THEY SHOULD GO!
  • I then call the girls to the living room so that we can do our devotions together. For Christmas I bought the girls a book called "The One Year Mother Daughter Devo" by Dannah Gresh with Janey Mylin.  Its so very cool. Each devotion is just one page which is very managable for busy moms. But it has a Bible Blast- scripture reference that correlates with the devo. A scripture to focus on or memorize.  The Devotional to read and then the GIRL GAB.  Love the Girl Gab! Girl Gab gives the mom opportunity to share something personal from her own life that relates to the lesson and allows the daughters to input or share too.  Abby told me tonight that her favorite part of our devo time is the girl gab. The book also has a few devos with crafts or recipes that can be incorporated. When I bought this book, I just liked the whole idea of reading a devotional with my girls instead of doing it on my own. It made me feel more accountable because the girls know its a DAILY devotional.  Also, because my girls are my greatest treasure and I desire for them to know that Jesus is the greatest treasure that we possess.  What better gift to give them, then the gift of Jesus and an enduring faith and promise of God's hope?!

So after all this, I FOUND IT.  It just hit me.  I knew what my New Year Resolution was to be.  To commit to daily devotions with  my children. Investing in their Spiritual Growth daily.  Not by accident or when I have time (which is like never!).  But to be committed, relentless and disciplined enough to read God's Word every night not because it's easy or fun or because its a good thing to do. But because my children are my greatest treasures on earth and God is the greatest treasure I have to share with them.  Nothing of me will last-like the flowers of the field we pass away. But God's Word and His truth and wisdom will forever be implanted in their hearts, minds and souls.  YES, I HAVE FOUND SOMETHING THAT WAS WORTH INVESTING IN. SOMETHING NOT GENERIC but MEANINGFUL TO ME AND MY CHILDREN.

Here is how I found Jaelle when I got home from work. It meant so much to see her hair all done up and cutie..She is my sweetie cupcake!

You wouldn't guess it from this picture but Becca is my fireball and boy do we bump heads. She's very strong and stubborn.  I wonder where she gets that from? :)

Abby is pure joy- just pure sweetness just like that sweet smile.  She has such a kindness, tenderness and pure love about her.


Silly shopping sisters. Sunday, December 30th we went shopping to River Town Crossing Mall specifically to get things from Build a Bear

 
And that cute face that you saw above- well here is the whole picture!  That rascal was in my purse pulling out things as fast as she could out of my wallet!

The Shopping Trio

 
And finally, another picture of me taken by Molly Bea Photography in her studio in Alma, MI. 
 
Happy New Year and may we discover this truth of this scripture in a new way this year:
"Your Word is a light to guide my feet and a light for my path."
Psalm 119:105


No comments:

Post a Comment