Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy 9th Birthday Becca

Nine years ago today I was in the hospital on a very cold and wintry day such as today giving birth to my beautiful Becca! She was such a plump healthy baby that she had a fat roll between her nose and forhead! The doc told me that I had the biggest umbilical cord he had ever seen and waved it around for all the peeps in the room to see! LOL! That's probably why I only gained 15 pounds for that pregnancy and Becca weighed 9 pounds 15 ounces.

Last night while doing our Mother daughter Devotionals, we studied Joshua 1:8 about meditation. She drew a picture of herself with Jesus on the streets of gold.  She told me she wants to have wisdom- I know that God has called her to be a woman of wisdom and strength.

Becca is probably my most challenging child to parent because she's very independent, very smart and aims to challenge what I think she's unable to do or shouldn't do-

One thing that Becca decided she wanted to take up is to learn to play drums. At first I was so upset that she didn't want to continue with her piano lessons because she was so natural at it. She could pick up concepts and techniques so easily on the piano. But then I just decided that if she truly had an interest in the drums I needed to let her seek it out and not make her like what I like.  I'm so glad we've let her explore playing drums. I've seen a new side of her personality come out with playing drums. She might end up being a band chic one day. :)

Below are a few pictures from her birthday today. Cornelius made the cake with the grassy hill with horses grazing on it. Becca helped her daddy design it. ;)  And then a picture of Becca with her pink hat. She loves her pink hat. Becca loves hats and I think she looks adorable in her hat. And finally the last picture of Becca taken this past summer. She just looks so beautiful. Where has my baby gone?

 I pray you keep growing to be strong, wise and lead a new generation of women. I'm blessed to call you MINE Becca. :)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment