Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

I had a beautiful Mother's day weekend.  Saturday May 10th I went for a run at 7am with Cornelius and my friend Bonnie on the trail. Ran 3.5 miles in 40 minutes.  Very proud of that time!  We got back before the girls were up, well Abby was up.  But she's always up early :)  Cornelius made a yummy beautiful breakfast for me. I made the fruit bowl and he did the egg muffin quiche and the protein packed pancakes.  We then all went out in the yard and did some much needed yard work. It was a sunny, cool breezy morning.  I took a few pics of the girls because they are just so precious and cute.  Saturday evening we enjoyed hosting my mom's friends from Honduras. A pastor, his wife and 2 sons.  They were visiting my parents.  After our meal we spent time in worship, prayer and it was powerfully uplifting.  They left around 10:30pm. 
Sunday morning we were up early for me to practice with the worship team and for Cornelius to teach Sunday school. It was just me on the piano and 3 vocals for worship this Mother's Day. My favorite gals, Gina and Elissa, lead worship with me.  After church we went home and enjoyed a simple lunch, took naps, and then Cornelius surprised me by taking me to a late night movie.  All in all, it was a successful mother's day and weekend.  Days when I can be home and lazy and enjoying my family are the best kinds. :)











I am so very blessed.  My girls are my treasures.  Each with such a beautiful heart.  Gifted uniquely.  God has big plans for them.  They are on loan from God to me....I am privilaged to be their mother and pray that all God has shown me, that I can share with them.  Not that they would be like me, but that they would know how awesome our God is and that His promises are true.

Happy Mother's day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment