Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Walk/Run Fundraiser May 2014

Sunday May 18th I joined my morning crew workout girls to walk in a Cystic Fibrosis Fundraiser and Awareness event for a lady in our community, Jamie Purchase.  My daughter Becca is also a classmate with Jamie's son, Colton Purchase. Jamie is a young mom fighting for her life and just to breathe daily is a very real and hard struggle for her. Before we did our walk/run, Jamie shared her story and the story of others living with CF.  She stated that just for her to breath today was comparable to running a marathon.  She is on the lung transplant and we're praying she gets her pair soon.  Her son Colton is such a sweet boy. And I was so glad that Becca could be part of this too. She decided to walk with Colton when I took off running with my crew.  Did 2.5 miles in 26 minutes that day.  It was a beautiful day and I was so glad to be apart of it and raise some money.  Here are a couple pics from that day.




No comments:

Post a Comment