Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I'm Back!! NO MORE EXCUSES

How I have missed you!  I have missed blogging so much but just didn't and I'm not sure how or why. My excuses are only that I've been busy living life. But so much of my processing feelings and thoughts are through blogging. It's just like journaling except I let a few others join in on my journal reading- that is crazy dangerous and insane if you think about it!

I was thinking this morning about excuses. How easy it is to make excuses and be ok with it.  For example, I so remember the time in my life when I didn't have time to exercise. I remember thinking that people who exercised were too crazy into their health, or they had more time than me. Or that if they exercised it was because they enjoyed it so much and that they were meant to be exercising.
EXCUSES.  definition: attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.

Seriously, I used to make excuses that I was too big to exercise. I might hurt myself. Or I wasn't made to exercise. Some people are just built to exercise. Or I was too busy.  Or .......the list can go on and on. Can you relate?

We make excuses for ourselves to justify why we aren't doing something because honestly, excuses make us "feel" better. But are excuses truly good for us?  Personally I remember so much when I made excuses about my weight, health and exercise.  That whole area. And now look at me?  Look where I'm at?  Still exercising, still losing weight.  Still losing inches.  Little by little. Goal by goal.  Learning so many new things that have transformed my life for the good!  All because I tackled an excuse in my life.  I made that excuse no longer acceptable.

Change and new beginnings often come when we stop making excuses.  What excuse are you allowing to control or dictate your life?
Really, when it comes down to it, if something is really important to you, you will stop making excuses and make it happen.  Plain and simple.
The only reason I can say that is because I had all the intentions of being "intentional" and on target with my Bible reading this New Year. I had a daily Bible Reading plan and was going and then I'd fall asleep before I got it in. Or I thought to myself, "I can squeeze it in later." I made exercise a daily part of my life. I made a lifestyle change in my eating. I didn't except my excuses anymore.  And now I need to apply this principle to my Bible reading. No more excuses. Because if I really value something, I will not make excuses and figure out how to make it happen.

So, I'M BACK!  Back to blogging.  No more excuses. Make it happen.  Figure out how to fit it into your life. If you want to make more time to play with your kids, then do it. It takes commitment. It takes being intentional.  It might even take someone holding you accountable to make this new thing happen in your life.  But until you stop justifying why you're not doing what you want to do, then I don't want to hear about it!!

Ok, that is my pep talk for today.  I had to start somewhere because there was no way I could go back and recap all the AWESOME things that happened since October.  Go to my facebook or instagram account to see my daily pics and postings to catch up on those months.  All I can say is this: God has been so good to me.  He keeps working on me, to make me into a beautiful masterpiece for Him.  And I am loving this journey and his handiwork.

"No wonder we are happy in the Lord! For we are trusting him. We trust his holy name. Yes, Lord, let your constant love surround us, for our hopes are in you alone." Psalm 33:21-22 TLB



No comments:

Post a Comment