Thursday, January 23, 2014

A New Face

I've been thinking how my life has changed recently.  Maybe not changed but taken on a "NEW FACE".  I'm not sure how to put it into words. I'm always thinking about life- yeah, I'm one of those deep thinkers.  Always thinking about the meaning of life, what direction I'm taking and if what I'm doing is making an impact. 
Anyways, this morning I was thinking how I never imagined that my health and fitness would be used to glorify God or to help people.  Since I was young God always used music in my life to speak to people. To bless people.  And He still does use music.  I'm one of the worship leaders at Crystal Lake Community Church and also the Worship Director there.  I do numerous Women Events every year speaking and using music and worship. 

I think what I'm getting at is I'm in a NEW melody or song.  Some would say "new season" of life.  But I guess I think through the terms of music because of my musical and singing background and passion.  I feel most comfortable when Im playing piano and leading from that place.  But now I'm in a new arena- HEALTH and FITNESS. And its all new, its all scary and I feel very vunerable.  I'm no expert here.  Just a normal person trying to get healthy and let God use my body for His glory- literally.  My Body/HIS Temple.

I looked up "New Song" this morning on google....and it brought up a devotional talking about the verse that talks about singing a New Song.  What does that mean exactly?  I found after reading this verse and the comments they made very simple and very real to me.

SINGING A NEW SONG AND WHAT IT MEANS TO ME:
1. He is making me New and I should declare this to all people- declaring his marvelous work in me.
2. Becoming renewed, or full of renewed vigor and letting others know of His work in my life.
3. I like the interpretation that a new song might be an old song, sung with a inward freshness of spirit, that proclaims what God is doing in my/your life.

Are you in the middle of a New Song?  Where God is renewing you or has done a work in your life? Have you "sung" His praises? Meaning, have you declared to others the good that He is doing? 

God is just so amazing and so big and sometimes I am just in awe of really how God cares about every detail of my life.  It gives me peace and security to know that I'm in His hands and that He is walking this walk with me.  Encouraging me.  Pushing me to go farther and deeper.  Challenging me to see what great things I can do. 

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

Psalm 96:1-5

1 Oh sing to the LORD a new song;
sing to the LORD, all the earth!

2Sing to the LORD, bless his name;
 tell of his salvation from day to day.
3Declare his glory among the nations,
his marvelous works among all the peoples!
4For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised;
he is to be feared above all gods.
5For all the gods of the peoples are worthless idols,
but the LORD made the heavens.
6Splendor and majesty are before him;
strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.







No comments:

Post a Comment