Monday, September 16, 2013

Worship Conference and Dreams

I had the privilage and honor to attend an amazing Worship Conference with a leading artist in the Christian Music Arena, Paul Baloche.  I have liked his music for many years but have really appreciated it even more so as the worship leader at Crystal Lake Community.  He has written and co-written many songs but one of his most popular songs is "Open the Eyes of My Heart".  A group of 8 of us traveled to Cedarsville, Ohio September 13th to spend Friday and Saturday in a worship workshop/conference. It probably was one of the best ones I've been too- so practical, applicable and Spirit filled.  Paul Baloche is such an example of true humility and has the heart for what real worship is- authentic, real, connecting people to God's heart and presence.  I know that the 8 individuals who came LOVED it just as much as me. Gary Nielson and Jim Beach took in the Audio training.  Rita H., Abby C, Jason J and Gina took in the vocal classes. My fellow pianist friend, Val J, took in the keyboard classes. I enjoyed the "Worship Journey" and "Song Writing" classes.  I'm trying to think what was my most favorite class- probably the general sessions with the worship. 
A couple things stick out for me for this worship conference that I don't want to forget.  Before the conference at work on Thursday the 12th, we were told that it was a possibility that 3 positions would be cut from our office from my department.  The Director met with us regarding ideas or suggestions of how we can accomodate everyone and not "force" anyone out.  One of the things brought up was 2 partime workers sharing a caseload with only 1 person receiving the health insurance.  The director asked who would be interested in something like that and right away my friend Trina and I said that we would.  I don't need the insurance since Cornelius carries it through this work.  Trina would need it.  And it would mean that we both would work part time which means more time at home or focusing on other things.  Personally, I have dreamed and wished that this kind of position would open up in our office.  So the fact that it was actually brought up and would be presented to some head people in Lansing as a way to save money and also free up a position in our office, well, it made me all excited and afraid at the same time.
The next day before the conference started around 4pm, Paul Baloche mentioned and brought up about "dreams" and "visions" and encouraged us to dream this weekend. Gary looked at the team and whispered to us "don't forget to dream".  I felt like that was for me.

So the whole weekend was powerful and there are too many details to cover. But I want to remember that "GOD ISN'T FINISHED WITH ME AND MY DREAMS". I've been thinking and dreaming if I were to be able to pursue my music or go to college- and to be honest, I don't know if I really know what I would do if I wasn't working full time. Would I want to go to college? What should I study?  Do I want to open up my studio again and teach? Or would I want to pursue making a music CD? Do I want to do more speaking or leading worship at events?
So many things to think or dream about.....but I can't really dream until I know if my position could possibly be cut to part-time.

Pastor Stephen preached on God's Will for our lives.  And truly I want God's will and not my own will or wishes. Ultimately, its about my journey in this life bringing Him glory, and if working partime so that I could pursue "my dreams" brings Him glory, THEN BRING IT ON GOD!! OPEN THE FLOODGATES OF HEAVEN!  Let it rain!  Lead me to uncharted roads that stretch and grow me.





3 comments:

  1. THAT IS AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!!!!! Praying for you today...no matter the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle!! I don't want to make people pray what I want.....but I feel like working part time would be a HUGE stretch for me because I've become comfortable with the money. It would mean we would have to be intentional and actually TRUST God. So I feel like Stephen's message was for me yesterday and so timely. But honestly, I don't even know if the position would be approved so pray that I will be content in whatever happens with the position.

      Delete
  2. Yes we will pray for God's will in all of this! That you and worship team could attend this activity is awesome! As a team, what is your next step to put what you've learned into practice?

    ReplyDelete