Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hidden Power of Praise

Below I wrote what I decided to share on for the little workshop I’m leading at the Women’s Retreat at Grace Adventures.  Pray for me because I’m nervous- "You? Nervous?"  Yep. I don’t feel like I'm an expert or that I'm super educated in the matter.  But I do feel like I have “learned” and “experienced” this in my own personal life and want to share from my heart. 
So if there were still openings at Grace Adventures for this Women's Retreat, would you come? http://www.graceadventures.org/
I'm leading worship at the women's retreat for weekends September 27-28th and October 4-6th.  This was the first year they asked me to speak at one of the break-outs/workshop.  I struggled with what to do or say or talk about- I know they wanted something about worship, but I didn't want it to be cliche' or just same ol' same ol'.  I want it to be LIFE CHANGING cause God is in the business of changing lives!  And especially when it involves singing/music, it's pretty amazing and we truly have not comprehended how powerful worship and praise is and should be in our own lives.

So I'm asking my friends and family to pray for me as I prepare for these weekends.  Pray for the speakers. That we would be instruments that God's spirit and presence flow through. That nothing would hinder the plans of God for that weekend. And I ask that you pray for my sister Gina and my friend Elissa who will be joining me that weekend in leading the worship.  I think this is our 3rd year back. Maybe its our 4rth year back BUT its the first time they have asked us to do the worship for 2 weekends instead of just one. 
I want to be connected to the throne of God so that I can totally be free to flow in His power, presence and let His heart speak to all the women that come.

"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the Lord." Jeremiah 29:13-14 KJV 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Workshop Title:  “Life Changing Worship

Description:
We were born to worship God.  Every time we praise who He is, it unleashes His life changing power in our lives. It is impossible to touch the presence of God and there not be change!
In this class we will discuss what worship is, how God intended it to be utilized in our lives and also discover HIDDEN POWER in PRAISE and WORSHIP.
Come ready to expand your view of worship and discover how praise is the prayer that changes everything!

2 comments:

  1. This is will be GREAT and they picked a perfect leader for it. Because you don't feel like an expert at it - you will present it just from a normal persons perspective - which is what EVERYONE can grab onto! Praying before, during and after. There should be a break out session of just you leading a worship time. Just that - nothing else but worship. Bet the women would FLOCK to that! NEVER get enough worship time. My soul just thirsts for something like that and usually I am parched because they are so far and few between...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...it's been awhile since I've spent any quality time with you. But the Cherri I remember breathed life and love into the people around her. I've never met anybody who could make me feel as wonderful as you did. I truly miss your presence it's powerful. If that doesn't make you an expert I don't know what does. Wishing I were closer and could go.

    ReplyDelete